Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Advice to Netflix/The Core.

I think my problem with lack of inspiration and blogging is that there is nothing new on Netflix.  I keep browsing the "New Releases" and "Recently Added" on Netflix but nothing has been catching my eye.  I keep starting movies and then stopping them because they're terrible.  But are they really terrible?  Or I have maxed out my Netflix watching ability?  I didn't think it was possible but I can't seem to get into anything.

I did watch The Core last night.  I had seen the beginning of The Core three times.  Made more than halfway through but had never made it to the ending.  Finally, I discovered that Netflix had indeed added The Core to their streaming list.  Thank you Netflix! Finally I can see the ending of this movie!

So, I guess this blog entry is going to turn into some writing about The Core.



So, this movie is pretty cool.  Very unrealistic, but cool.  These scientists/astronauts travel to the core of the earth to, well, save the earth!  And they get "Rat" aka DJ Qualls to keep it all off the internet!  He gets to control the internet! I'm so excited to write about this movie suddenly.

The Core features a star-studded cast!  It's actually pretty crazy!  We've got Aaron Eckhart, Hilary Swank, Stanley Tucci, and Richard Jenkins.  Plus some other great actors that I sort of recognize by face but not name, so I won't list them.  Mostly because I'm lazy, to be perfectly honest.

The graphics in this movie are interesting.  They're not quite bad but they don't seem realistic.  I mean, we don't really know what the inside of the earth would be like if we were to tunnel through it.  However, I don't think it would look like a long ship moving super fast through water and that's how it looked in the The Core.

I won't go into too much detail on this one.  It's pretty darn good, though.  So check it out now in case Netflix won't keep streaming for long! I don't really know how long they keep titles streaming but they should start switching it up soon.  I'm getting bored.

Enjoy!  This clip from the movie is of the Golden Gate Bridge melting.   The sun is so strong because the earth's core stopped spinning and the world is going insane.  This looks freakishly realistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment