Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Nine Dead.

Happy October 8th!  Continuing in the horror awesomeness that is October I bring you this week: Nine Dead.



Nine Dead has been available to stream on Netflix for a while now and I watched it because a friend told me how great it was.  I definitely agree that this movie is pretty great, even if Melissa Joan Hart is the biggest name in it.

The movie was released in 2010 and is directed by , whose camera and electrical work includes everything from Spiderman to The Muppets to Little Black Book.  Shadley has had his hand in many great films but Nine Dead was his first and only movie as director.  The film is fairly low-budget, some acting is great while others are quite mediocre, but the plot it interesting.


Nine Dead is about nine strangers who are locked in a basement together.  A hooded man tells them that they have ninety minutes to figure out how they are all connected and he will come back every ten minutes to kill one of them until they figure it out or time is up.  These people have no idea how they are connected and are not given a single clue to help them get started.


 is one of the nine people locked in the basement.  I love Melissa in Sabrina the Teenage Witch, that show will always be one of my favorites.  Melissa was huge in her younger days as Clarissa Darling on the Nickelodeon show Clarissa Explains It All and continues to act today.  However, her acting as an adult falls pretty short and I did not particularly like her in Nine Dead.  That could just be because her character is super annoying and bossy, though.  Horror is probably a difficult genre for actors because there is a lot of screaming, crying, limping, and being terrified the entire movie and not everyone is capable of pulling that off.


The only other name I recognize is , who played a detective.  Everyone else is not important so I will not be mentioning them.  You can look it up here yourself if you feel so inclined.


I'm not really sure what else to say about this movie.  Horror is pretty self-explanatory: people will die, it will be gruesome, you might love it or hate it, and the ending will surprise you.  The ending on this one was.... not exactly great.  I won't give anything away but I want you to prepare for possible disappointment,  however if you like horror you should already know how to watch the genre.


So, I hope you enjoy Nine Dead!  It is not a scary, jumpy horror movie but more of a psychological thriller kind of horror.  Plus some gore!  What would horror be without a little (aka. a ton) of gore?


Watch the trailer for Nine Dead below to get a better feel for the movie.  I really think you'll enjoy this one, as I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it!




No comments:

Post a Comment