Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Scream.

HAPPY (almost) HALLOWEEN!  I completely forgot to write on Tuesday, it's been a crazy week, and I apologize.  So, without further adieu, I give you Scream.


Scream is a 1996 slasher directed by Wes Craven.  A lot of people really hate the Scream movies but I love them!  I think the original film is unique, interesting, surprising, and pretty scary at times.  The first time I saw it, I jumped a lot.  Now, after having seen numerous times, it's more funny because it's predictable.

The movie stars Neve Campbell as Sidney, a teenage girl haunted by the killer Ghostface one year after her mothers death.  The movie has a pretty awesome cast including Courteney Cox, David Arquette, Matthew Lillard, Rose McGowan, and a short lived appearance by Drew Barrymore.

The movie pays homage to teen flicks and horror movies, at times poking fun.  They openly discuss the "Rules" to horror movies; if they break rules then someone usually dies.  Ghostface, at times, seems invincible no matter how many times he gets hit over the head or thrown out of a window.  It's silly, of course, but that is how horror movies operate!  And Wes Craven just uses it to his advantage in Scream.

After Scream came the sequel, then another, then another, and then after ten years they decided to make Scream 4!  The absolute best thing about all the sequels is that the actors/characters stayed the same.  A lot of time passed between the first and fourth movies but the actors stuck with it and I think that is admirable.

According to Wiki, Wes Craven has signed on to do a Scream 5 and 6.  Now, the fourth wasn't very good so I'm not really looking forward to these movies.  With that said, I love that the franchise is still going!  There's something kind of sentimental about that.  There was also talk of an MTV show but that would be terrible and I hope that never happens.

So, Scream.  You've heard of it, you've probably seen it, so go watch it!  It's streaming right now on Netflix, tomorrow is Halloween, and this is a good film for the holiday.  Happy Halloween, everybody!!  Here's some scenes from the first movie, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment